overviewhighlightsSolo Traveller CommentsJulie's top tips
Scenic Iceland & the Northern Lights – Insight Vacations
SPECIAL – Book by 23 August 2018 & receive 7.5% discount off your tour! If you are a past passenger of Insight Vacations, let us know for an additional 5% off!
Experience a world of natural phenomena – by day marvel at waterfalls, volcanoes and stunning landscapes and by night, seek out the dancing lights that fill cloudless skies.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- Reykjavík: Witness nature’s most spectacular show on earth, the Northern Lights.
- Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss: Admire the majestic beauty of these two impressive waterfalls.
- Gullfoss: The spectacular two-tiered waterfall, the Icelandic equivalent of Niagara, drops a total of 32m while spanning the entire width of the Hvítá River.
- Thingvellir: The Parliamentary Plains are the most important historic site of the country, as the meeting place of the Althing (world’s oldest parliament), founded in 930AD.
- Borganes: Gain a wonderful insight into Iceland’s history with a visit to the fascinating Icelandic Settlement Centre.
- Reykjavík: Explore the city and its famous sights.
- Blue Lagoon: Relax and enjoy a dip in the mineral-rich geothermal waters.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Hellisheidavirkjun: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station.
- Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull: See these magnificent volcanoes.
- Geysir: Visit the famous spouting Geysir which has become synonymous with hot springs all around the world.
- Reykholt: Stop at this pretty village, home of poet and medieval scholar Snorri Sturluson.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Bláskógabyggð: Tour a family-run farm and sample their sweet tasting homegrown tomatoes.
- Fontana: At a Geothermal bakery, Sample delicious rye bread, dug hot from the ground.
- Blue Lagoon: Enjoy a celebratory glass of ‘bubbly’ with new found friends.
- 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 3 three-course table d’hôte Dinners, plus tea or coffee (D).
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Reykjavík: Inside Icelandairhotel Reykjavik Natura you’ll find a warm and inviting atmosphere, filled with thoughtful details inspired by the beautiful nature that surrounds the property.
- Vík: Located in the wonderful village of Vik the Icelandairhotel offers elegantly fitted guest rooms, decorated with Icelandic design and inspired by the natural environment.
- Stórarjóður: Hotel Husafell is located in an area rich in history and extraordinary natural wonders. The beautifully decorated guest rooms are spacious, with panoramic windows to bring the outside, in.
ADDITIONAL FIVE STAR SERVICES
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacles of their careers, will smooth your way throughout your journey. They are your ‘travelling concierges’, expert guides, consummate organisers and friends in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- Personal radio headsets, gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your local expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel. Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel WiFi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
Insight Vacations do not have any special arrangements for solo travellers. The single supplement is from $490.
Icelanders take quite a different view of public nudity than we Australians. At the hot springs you are expected to shower without a swimsuit on before you bathe. Be prepared and leave your shy streak at home!